Wagon tour with huskiesAddress: Melkefoss, 9925 Svanvik Date: Wednesday 27 jun 2018 - Saturday 20 Oct 2018 Show map
Address: Melkefoss, 9925 Svanvik
“Do you have a dream of running your own dog sledge team? Now you have the chance even if the winter is not here…
We do offer wagons tours on days where the temperature is low enough for our dogs to go out running. Is it to hot you will get to walk some puppi
This is a hands-on tour.
We do offer pick up in Kirkenes, a one-hour drive up to us before you meet our guide.
You will learn how to harness up the dogs before we start out on tour.
We will drive around in the close surroundings of BIRK as we need to keep to roads with gravel. This to keep the dog’s paws happy.
After tour you will give water and a snack to each dog before harnessing of and putting them back on their kennels.
Afterwards we close up the tour with either lunch or dinner served in our Sami lavvu.
This is a nice way to end the tour and share the adventure with each other around the open fire.
- Transfer at set times from/to Kirkenes
- Introduction to “dog sledding”
- Interaction with our dogs, doing all tasks around your team of dogs, harnessing on and off and giving them a snack after the tour
- Guests share wagons – two persons per wagon. One sitting in, one person running the wagon – you can alternate during the tour. Upgrade to single sleds can be done up when order is placed.
- Lunch or dinner in served in our Sami lavvu or in our Viking longhouse
- Tour can be combined with accommodation in our guesthouse and other tours.